Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Baked Ziti

I tried a new recipe yesterday {repinned from Andrea} for Baked Ziti. I was a little reluctant to try it because it had an ingredient that I wasn't sure I'd like:

I've been married for almost 30 years, and I don't recall ever buying ricotta cheese {or to my knowledge ever even eating it}. Now cheese is one of my favorite foods, I love any kind of cheese out there, except for cottage cheese, which I can't even look at. I've always thought that ricotta was too similar to cottage cheese, so I guess that's why I wouldn't give it a try. Long story short, I finally officially tried ricotta cheese in the ziti and I love it!!! Here is the recipe I used:

Three Cheese Baked Ziti

Ingredients

  • 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 lbs. ziti pasta, cooked and drained
  • 1 jar (2 lb. 13 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce (or your own homemade sauce)
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine ricotta cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese in large bowl; set aside.
  2. Thoroughly combine hot pasta with Pasta sauce in another large bowl.
  3. Spoon 1/2 of the pasta mixture into 13 x 9-inch baking dish; evenly top with cheese mixture, then remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
  4. Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 minutes.
I added a pound of browned hamburger w/diced onion to the sauce as well. It was delish!!

    No comments:

    Menu Plan Monday: January

    hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...