Saturday, January 1, 2022

WORD OF THE YEAR - MINDFUL

Happy New Year!

✨✨✨✨✨✨

2021 was totally the year of the unexpected!! For us, 2021 was the craziest yet, and one of the best and most memorable parts of last year was Mom & Dad moving in next door! It all literally came about in a whirlwind, but the end result has been such a good, positive change for our family. I am definitely in yet another season of life, and while it sometimes feels strange and unfamiliar territory, I so love this season. I really want to be more mindful of all the wonderful blessings God gives me everyday.♥️ 

When thinking about my [word for the year] the word mindful or mindfulness kept coming to me - I want to be more aware of the present moment and focus on what I have right this moment instead of dwelling on the past or pondering the future. 



MINDFULNESS: maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, and surroundings through a gentle, nurturing lens. 🌿

I don’t know if it’s me getting older or just needing to change my mindset - but I do know I need to be more mindful of my feelings and be still and slow down in this crazy, busy world and focus on what’s going on right here, at this moment, and enjoy everything to the fullest. 


I don’t really do resolutions but I have several goals for 2022: to blog more • to set actual “work days” for my Etsy shop • to make at least one new recipe a month • to take naps and not feel guilty • to get back into budget mode, and to just enjoy life, spend as much time
as I can with my family, and take things one day at a time.



No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...