Sunday, January 1, 2012

my year in review..........

This time last year, I discovered the wonderful world of blogging. Little did I know, when I was awkwardly designing my own blog, how much I would love this new found place! I started this blog with thoughts of doing it as a cooking blog, but I soon realized that what I really wanted was a place to keep my pictures, stories, ideas, goals, and dreams....pretty much a place to "journal" about all the things going on in my ho-hum-everyday life. When I started this whole blogging adventure, I never thought anyone would actually read my blog, much less "follow" it. As of today, I have 71 followers!!! I look forward to posting, whether it be a craft project I'm working on or a milestone in our family. I love reading other blogs as well. I follow lots of blogs, some of the bloggers I know, but most I have never met. I made 288 posts in 2011 and look forward posting even more this year.
Here are some highlights from 2011:
JANUARY~ cold, cold weather.....the Bears made it to the NFC Championship game.....countdown to Disney trip....I started my blog......
FEBRUARY~ Disney vacation.....came home extremely sick{ugh!}.....snowstorms....
MARCH~ "Spring" cleaning........my birthday.......warmer weather......
APRIL~ craft projects.....Easter break......back to work at the B&B.....the Royal Wedding....
MAY~ Orioles game....work.....Memorial Day....Logan house hunting.....
JUNE~ Derek graduates from high school....Nathan gets learner's permit.....Dad goes to the hospital....lots of birthdays{Nathan turns 16!}.....our anniversary.....
JULY~ 4th of July celebration.....Dad surgery......Logan promoted to new boat.....HOT weather....Homecoming....discovered the wonderful world of Pinterest :O)
AUGUST~ Logan moves......Nathan does student driving.....an earthquake....Hurricane Irene.....Orioles game.....
SEPTEMBER~ a new school year {Junior year!}......room re-do.....lots of projects....
OCTOBER~ the B&B closes for the season.....Halloween parties.....bathroom repairs....more work on room re-do....more craft projects......
NOVEMBER~ "Fall" cleaning....Thanksgiving break....Christmas shopping begins.....more projects.....
DECEMBER~ decorating....wrapping....cards....shopping.....parade.....parties....church....Christmas!


2011 was quite an eventful year...a year of many changes. I'm looking forward to my second year of blogging....stay tuned to see what's going on with me and my family in 2012! Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY đź—“️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...