Friday, January 28, 2011

Recipe 5 Easy Fish & Chips

Recipe #5 Jan 28, 2011 This is a quick and easy recipe for classic fish & chips. The recipe calls for haddock but I substituted trout fillets. I had clipped this recipe from a magazine and had it in my recipe binder. I thought it would be worth a try and it proved to be a hit. DH and DS really loved the fish, but the potatoes were my favorite. I served the fish & chips with baked beans and corn. I forgot to get pictures, so I'm using the one from the site-kraftrecipes.com. Easy Fish & Chips 2 large baking potatoes (1-1/2 lb.), each cut into 8 wedges 1/4 cup KRAFT Light Zesty Italian Dressing 1 pkt. SHAKE 'N BAKE Extra Crispy Seasoned Coating Mix, divided 4 haddock fillets (1 lb.) 1/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Light Dressing HEAT oven to 400°F. TOSS potatoes with Italian dressing, then 1/4 cup coating mix. Spread onto large baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 min. MEANWHILE, spread remaining coating mix onto large plate. Spread fish with MIRACLE WHIP; press, dressing-sides down, into coating mix. Repeat to coat other sides of fish. Place on rack of broiler pan. ADD fish to oven with potatoes. Bake 15 min. or until fish flakes easily with fork and potatoes are tender.

No comments:

Menu Plan Monday: January

hello January: MENU PLAN MONDAY 🗓️ I love all the winter dishes like oysters and ducks, collard greens, soups and stews. Just give me all t...